TOBY RADCLIFFE

Professional Ironman Triathlete
http://tobyradcliffe.com

Monday 14 May 2007

End of week 1

A week gone already... unbelievably quick. Weather's been beautiful hitting mid 30's every day so far. Camp is great fun, with emphasis on fun... this is not Epic!!! But that's exactly why I'm here... for a bit of consistency and moderate volume with nice weather to break the return to the UK. Motivation has definitely returned following the week of jet lag and feeling off the first week back to the UK. Good quality sessions being done, kept most of my key sessions in last week as well as trying out some of the speedwork and more interesting run workouts - I am hoping to pick up some session tips to drag back some top end on the run. Complete mix of abilities on the camp which makes it really nice and relaxed. Restday today acieved with great success by the pool :)

4 comments:

Triathlon Barbie said...

Hey Babe! How was the open water swim yesterday? Any crabs catch you? Your blog is, um, funny ;) So its 'train long' or 'nothing', eh? And you 'acclimatise' by not using air conditioning at the expense of a good nights sleep???

It's 14 degrees and drizzly over here in London. I went to pick up my beautiful new planet x today and its too big. I kid you not. Top tube is too long. Apparently, I am too stocky for triathlon. I have four weeks til race day and no bike...

toby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
toby said...

No way!!! Can't believe after waiting so long for that bike that it doesn't fit. Bummer. And I hope you slapped him for telling youyou were too stocky for tri!! Whatyou gonna try next? Kestrel? 650s?

Yes to crabs in the sea... very entertaining. Would have made a good you've been framed moment with 7 of us in wetsuits all jumping around in a foot of water. Swim was good tho. And yes to train long... hit 210km ride plus 11km negative split run off the back yesterday. Heading out for 35km run in a little while :) I love it.

Tim said...

bring me back something nice!